Are you an old soul, who has a liking for classical English music and tunes, or simply looking to explore? Not only are they beautiful to listen to, but classic English piano music can often be extremely calming to listen to, and even be good if you are looking for a non-distracting accompaniment while doing some important work, or studying. Here are some you can listen to!
1) Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – This was a composition which Mozart had made for a chamber ensemble. The title, which is in German, can be translated as “Little Night Music”. The melody is simply delightful and is sure to catch your attention, as it has a perfect amount of changes from high to low and vice versa, preventing it from becoming monotonous and keeping it catchy and spontaneous. Listen to it once, and it will be stuck in your head for a long time, and you will keep wanting to come back to it!
2) 5th Symphony by Ludwig Beethoven – This composition by Beethoven is one of the most popular compositions. It is alternatively also known as the Symphony of Fate, for the reason, that the first opening beat which is extremely dramatic and sharp, is interpreted as much as fate knocking on one’s door. Some have even seen Beethoven inspired by the French revolutionary music, probably the four notes in the opening of the song. Its melody, and unpredictable highs and lows make it an extremely dramatic and ideal background music!
3) Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven- Another of Beethoven’s masterpieces, Moonlight Sonata is one of the most beautiful pieces, that one can come across. The melody is calming and extremely unique! It was said to have been dedicated to his lover, whom he had fallen in love with but due to her father’s refusal, couldn’t marry.
4) Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy- Debussy’s Clair De Lune is his best-loved composition. It takes its tit from a poem by the famous French poet, Paul Verlaine. The composition calls for a journey of introspection, soul-searching, and contemplation about life!
5) Fur Elise by Beethoven – This is one of the most melodious, catchy and romantic songs, and is hugely popular. Said to have been written for his lover, musically, it I supposed to be in the form ABACA. Listening to the melody, the sweetness, and then the sudden raising, and clash makes it a fun thing to listen to!
So which one will you listen to first?